Remote Deposit Anywhere
With Remote Deposit Anywhere, now you can deposit your checks anywhere, anytime without having to go to the bank!
Whether you are home, at work or even on vacation, you can make a deposit when you need to 24/7. Just take a photo of the check with your smartphone or tablet, it's that easy!
- Safely and securely deposit checks directly into your Sugar River Bank checking or savings account
- Save time
- You will receive an email notification on the same day the deposit is made
Remote Deposit Anywhere is a FREE* service that allows you to make deposits to your accounts 24/7.
*There is no fee from Sugar River Bank. Connectivity and usage rates may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details.
If you have any questions or need help enrolling, please call us at 603-863-3000 and ask to speak with a Customer Service Representative or read our Frequently Asked Questions section on this page.
Remote Deposit Anywhere Enrollment
You must first enroll in Online and Mobile Banking. After logging into Online Banking-you can enroll in Mobile Banking, in the submenu- Select Options>Mobile Settings>Web Mobile Banking and complete the process. Sugar River Bank apps are available for Android and Apple smartphones as well as the iPad. Once you have enrolled in Mobile Banking:
- Read the RDA Agreement below by clicking the link.
- Click the RDA Application Link below and complete the application, click submit.
- You will receive notification of your approval or denial within three business days via the email address provided to us.
- Once notified that you have been approved, you will have access to the RDA feature immediately! Please find the RDA User Guide link below for your convenience.
*Please note that Sugar River Bank strongly recommends not saving passwords with your browser for sites which have private financial information.
Q. What is SRB Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA)?
A. SRB Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA) is a service that allows you to safely and securely deposit checks directly into your Sugar River Bank checking or savings account using a photo of the check taken with your smartphone or tablet. RDA deposits can be submitted to Sugar River Bank for processing from anywhere, anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q. How much does SRB’s RDA service cost?
A. Sugar River Bank is happy to offer the RDA service FREE of charge. Please note that you may be charged for Internet access by your mobile wireless provider.
Q. Who can use RDA service?
A. RDA is available to customers who are enrolled in both Online Banking and Mobile Banking, and have access to a smartphone or tablet. To apply for RDA, click on the RDA Application link on our web page, complete the information, accept the terms of agreement and submit the application. You may also self enroll through the mobile application or with a customer service representative at any of our convenient branch locations.
Q. Are there time restrictions for submitting checks to the Bank?
A. You can submit SRB RDA check deposits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Deposits made Monday through Friday on a business day we are open must be completed by 4:00 PM for the Bank to consider that day to be the day of your deposit. If a deposit is made on a non-processing day (Saturday, Sunday, or a legal bank holiday), the deposit will be processed on the next business day we are open.
Q. What type of accounts can I make deposits to using SRB RDA?
A. You can make deposits to any checking or savings account as long as you are an owner on the account and you have listed the account on your RDA application.
Q. How do I endorse checks that I am going to deposit using RDA?
A. Prior to taking a photo and submitting the photo of the original check, for your safety you should endorse the back of the original check with "For deposit only to SRB account number xxxxxx." Your endorsement must include your signature.
Q. What types of checks can be deposited using SRB RDA?
A. Personal and business checks drawn on a financial institution and payable in United States currency can be deposited through SRB RDA. Refer to SRB's RDA Agreement for a complete listing of checks that are ineligible for deposit via RDA.
Q. What types of checks are ineligible for deposit using SRB RDA?
A. Below is a partial list of checks ineligible for deposit via SRB RDA; please see the Remote Deposit Agreement for a comprehensive listing of checks that are ineligible for deposit via RDA:
- Check or items payable to any person or entity other than the authorized account holders
- Checks or items containing obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item (including the MICR line), or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Regulation CC
- Checks or items draw on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks or items that are postdated or more than 6 months old
- Checks or items prohibited by Sugar River Bank’s current procedures relating to RDA or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Sugar River Bank account
- Traveler’s Checks
- Money Orders
- Checks or items submitted outside the United States
- Savings Bonds
- Checks drawn or issued by the United State Treasury
- Checks that are incomplete or mutilated
- Checks or items stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark
- Any third party check, defined as any item that is made payable to another party and subsequently endorsed to you by such party (Exceptions may be made at SRB’s discretion.)Any third party check, defined as any item that is made payable to another party and subsequently endorsed to you by such party (Exceptions may be made at SRB’s discretion.)
Q. How do I choose which account to make my deposit to?
A. When you choose the "Deposit" function within the SRB Mobile Banking app, you will be given the option to choose which one of your enrolled accounts you want to make a deposit to.
Q. How will I know if the photo quality is acceptable?
A. The SRB RDA software performs an analysis of the photos of both the front and back of the check before it submits the item for processing. As each check is submitted individually, each item will be reviewed separately. If the photo quality of your check is unacceptable, you will receive an email that indicates your deposit has not been approved for processing.
Q. How am I notified that my deposit has been approved for processing?
A. You will receive two types of notification that your deposit has been successful. First, a pop-up window will appear confirming your transaction. You will also receive an email confirming your transaction. Important Note: If you do not receive an email confirming your transaction, check your SPAM folder and take steps to ensure that future emails from this address are not blocked.
Q. How long is my RDA deposit information available on the SRB Mobile Banking app?
A. You can view your RDA deposit information, along with the images of the front and back of the item deposited, on the SRB Mobile Banking app for five days following the date of deposit. Select "Deposits" and then select "Review Deposits" to view your recent RDA deposits.
Q. When will I be able to see the deposit in my account?
A. You will be able to see the deposit in your account after our end of day processing completes. However, funds availability rules will apply based on the type of check, check amount, the time of deposit and your account history. Refer to the Sugar River Bank Funds Availability Policy.
Q. Are there any deposit limitations using SRB RDA?
A. Yes, there are transaction limits.
- Daily: $2,500
- Monthly: Unlimited
Daily transaction limits apply per customer, not per account. If you have multiple accounts these daily limits will apply.
Q. What should I do with the original paper check after I make my deposit?
A. After successfully submitting a deposit with RDA, retain the original check until final settlement of the item should there be any dispute that the image does not satisfy legal equivalency requirements. We recommend keeping the check for 14 days, and then securely destroying the check.
Q. What do I do if RDA is not available to me?
A. In the event that you are not able to access RDA, you can still deposit an original check at any of SRB’s Branch Offices or ATMs.